Thursday, September 2, 2010

Oinks! BBQ in Denver

OiNKs! Denver BBQ restaurant
My wife purchased a couple coupons for OiNKs! from Groupon and we finally got a chance to use them today! Before opening the door to a wonderful barbecue aroma, I was excited to find plenty of available parking and a pristine exterior. The option to dine inside or outside on a beautiful day was very nice. We both decided on the 2 meat/2 sides combo option. Click here to see their menu! We were able to try the smoked chicken, pork, brisket, nutty coleslaw, fried okra, and sweet potato fries. All the meats were extremely tasty. My favorite was the chicken, followed by the brisket, and then the pork without any sauce. There were many options for barbecue sauces, but the smoked meat alone was  flavorful enough alone. I'm a huge fan of barbecue sauce (and of course tried them all!) but I wasn't too keen on a particular one. None met my spice level and were mostly mild in taste. The Texas flavor was a good original barbecue sauce that would satisfy any customer, but I wouldn't consider buying any to impress friends or family. Sweet potato fries are a personal favorite and fully met my expectations; no sauce was necessary to enjoy these fries. The fried okra was like any other fried okra, and the breading was just as thick. I loved it. I also like the coleslaw because it wasn't overwhelmingly soggy and there was a small spicy, peppery flavor that stood out that was unexpected but was overall good. It is called "nutty" coleslaw but I couldn't taste the "nutty." The portion size was
Brisket, pork, coleslaw and sweet potato fries.
perfect, not too much nor too little.

Cleanliness exceeded my expectations. The atmosphere was relaxed and pleasant. I noticed a few wall mounted shelves with a small collection of books and small plants scattered throughout the store which made it feel homey. I thoroughly enjoyed my dine-in experience at OiNKs! and will share with my friends and family as a good lunch option. If this growing company maintains its quality, taste, and fair staff, I foresee a successful, wonderful business.

Have you been here? How was your experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment